Australia's desert regions cover almost two-thirds of the continent and are home to around 600,000 people. This population is young, growing, and generally made up of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Much of Australia’s wealth is created in our remote regions, yet many of those who live there are excluded from the economy. The impact of this exclusion on remote Australians, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, is acknowledged by the Council of Australian Governments as a national policy priority.
Ninti One is committed to finding solutions to this pressing issue.
Ninti One's core business
Our work includes research, application of that research, outreach programs and training. We are a leader in this area in remote Australia with our work spanning the country.
We have an unmatched, on-the-ground presence that allows us to bridge the gap of understanding of the issues that affect economies and lives in remote Australia.
We build on the expertise of our partners and researchers to extend the impact and influence of our the work we do and its outcomes.
We aim to:
- Address the social and economic challenges of people in remote Australia
- Enhance and protect the natural environment
- Find solutions to economic exclusion
- Improve understanding of Australia's remote regions
- Increase economic participation of peoples
- Increase the skills and capacity of people
- Understand the impact of climate change on environment and people
Our networks of professional practitioners work in high-calibre, multidisciplinary teams that can complete competitive contracts on cross-jurisdictional projects. Learn more about our consultancy services.
Ninti One's additional activities
In addition, Ninti One manages:
- the research activities and partnerships of the Cooperative Research Centre for Remote Economic Participation
- the Australian Feral Camel Management Project
- Intellectual Property from the former Desert Knowledge Cooperative Research Centre.
Ninti One is based in Alice Springs, with research hubs and key staff around the country.